This is the 100th episode of The SHIFT Show and the podcast! And yes I have a HUGE surprise, Aimee Boorman is today’s guest
First, a huge thank you to everyone who has been listening and helped the podcast grow over the last two years.
It has turned into a medium and a space to have really important conversations that are having a positive impact on gymnastics and people’s lives.
I want to continue to help people learn the information they want to know, and be a vessel to spread it across the gymnastics world wide community.
This special 100th features the legendary Aimee Boorman, coach of Simone Biles and many other great gymnasts.
I wanted to make sure we had a conversation to provide the most value to people in terms of what’s happening now in our community but then also what’s happening down the road.
Aimee is an amazing human but she also an amazing example of the benefits and abilities that can happen with positive coaching which is the big change we are seeing now in our sport.
So again, thank you deeply for all the support, podcast listens, and sharing of our content on SHIFT!
In this episode, Aimee and I chat about
- What cause Aimee to change into using a positive and transformative based coaching style
- The key coaching tools and tactics she wishes every gymnastics coach used
- How to keep gymnasts motivated and behaving respectfully during training
- How she has made tough decisions and stood up to coaches who believed in negative coaching styles
- Where the line between tough coaching and abusive coaching occurs
- What she feels needs to change for the culture of gymnastics to evolve
and much more!
You can check the entire episode out on iTunes, Spotify, or Stitcher below
Hope you enjoy it!
Dr. Dave Tilley DPT, SCS, CSCS
The post Aimee Boorman on Coaching Simone Biles and Offers Must Hear Advice for Gymnastics Culture Change appeared first on .