We are anxiously awaiting for the green light to re-open our studio. In the meantime, we are planning to make our studio as safe and clean as possible. Some things will be different for a while, but our desire and effort to provide top notch personalized Pilates instruction and amazing customer service remains the same.
Studio Upgrades for Social Distancing
- Plexi-Glass– We are in the process of transforming our space into 3 mini Pilates studio pods spread apart and surrounded by Plexiglass. Each pod includes a reformer, a tower unit, a wunda/high chair, baby arm chair, and barrels.
- Airocide Units– We are installing a cutting edge product created by NASA which rids the air of virtually 100% of harmful pathogens by eliminating them completely, including the main allergy triggers: mold,viruses, bacteria and VOCs.
- Reduced Volume – A maximum of 4 people will be allowed in the studio at one time. That most likely means we can allow 2 private sessions (2 clients and 2 instructors simultaneously) or one group session with 3 people maximum and one instructor. (Clients may request to be the only client in the studio during off-peak hours.)
- Extra Space- We have been granted temporary permission to use the empty space next door for private sessions.
- Curbside/Virtual Pilates– We will continue to offer curbside/ virtual pilates sessions for those who are more comfortable exercising outside of the studio.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Cleaning- We will be using CDC and EPA approved hospital grade disinfectants on all surfaces including apparatus, plexiglass, door handles , bathrooms toilets and sinks. There will be 15 minutes between each appt and at least a 30 min gap between using each pod.
- Hand Washing– Instructors will wash hands between each session. We will provide hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the studio.
- Deep Cleaning– Bathrooms and floors will be cleaned daily and sanitized throughout the day.
Masks and Face Shields
We will require masks/face-coverings when entering the studio. You may remove your mask when you are in your pod and working out .
Instructors will remain 6 feet apart and wear a mask, face shield or both.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Pilates Sessions
- Teachers will instruct sessions and classes without direct physical touching. Pilates is all about independence. You will learn how to get that extra little bit of stretch on your own.
- You will learn all about the apparatus- including how to change your own springs and straps.
- As always, our sock rule is in full effect.
- Please wait outside until your appointment time and leave within 10 minutes of ending your session. You are welcome to socialize outdoors on our chairs outside the studio.
- All scheduling and payments will be contactless and done through Mindbody. Those who like to pay with a check or cash may do so through Venmo. You may also schedule/cancel through email.
- Foot Loops, Arm Handles, and Sticky Pads will all be sanitized. If you would like to purchase your own you may do so. You can purchase here: foot loops, neoprene arm handles, reformer towels
Code of Conduct
If you’re sick, STAY HOME. If you are experiencing or have experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days, we ask that you do not come to the studio:
o Shortness of breath
o Loss of Smell/Taste
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, are awaiting test results, or have been knowingly exposed / come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please do not come to the studio for 14 days or until you have tested negative for COVID-19.
Maintain Social Distance / Minimize Contact. We’re all excited to see one another and it seems unnatural not to hug or greet your fellow Pilates fiends and instructors. Until the social distance requirements are lifted, we ask that you respect one another, maintain 6 feet of distance between one another and refrain from person-to-person contact.
The CDC advises that anyone immune compromised or with pre-existing conditions should minimize social contact. If you fall into this category, and are still concerned about doing pilates in the studio, we will continue our virtual offerings via Zoom. We encourage you to stay involved and fit so you’re ready to rejoin us when the time is right.
If there is a case of COVID-19 reported in your studio we will notify you immediately.
The post Pandemic Pilates: COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for The Pilates Project appeared first on The Pilates Project, Fair Haven, NJ.