The International Journal of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (2013; 2 , 204–11) has conducted a small study on the stroke survivors who have had a chronic stroke 3-6 months back and if clinical Pilates can help promote recovery in stroke survivors. The authors of the study concluded that certain Pilates reformer Ealingexercises and moves can indeed help enhance functional balance and quality in life for sub-acute-stroke survivors.
Strokes can be life-threatening, targeting mainly your brain activity, nervous system, and musculoskeletal system which impact your mobility and functionality. A body suffers a stroke when the brain is devoid of the proper supply of blood which carries essential nutrients and mainly oxygen to the brain. Without the proper supply of oxygen via blood to your brain, your brains cells will not grow and will eventually collapse.
How Pilates Ealing Promote Recovery in Sub-Acute-Stroke Survivors?
Generally, stroke survivors are advised to take physical, occupational and speech therapies to bring back their lost function and mobility. Though these prescribed treatments come out to be beneficial for stroke patients, they are experiencing far more advantages and health benefits in other alternative health treatments, like Pilates. Pilates is a low-density, impact and velocity exercise that inculcates slow and precise movement of different parts of the body mainly your core which helps people with strokes find their strength and body awareness back.
· Clinical Pilates helps stroke survivors focus on improving and strengthening their deeper core postural muscles while paying deep emphasis on control and central balance.
· With the proper guidance and complete supervision of the Pilates reformer Chiswick instructors, this health treatment pays attention to helping stroke survivors achieve self-correcting.
· Pilates also promotes the redefinition and restructuring of the nervous system with the low-impact and subliminal compensatory patterns.
· Pilates Ealing targets on helping stroke survivors gain self-control of their nervous system driven body moments with the encouragement of fluid movement patterns that bring in order stability, mobility, and alignment.
· The main motive behind encouraging stroke survivors to practice Pilates Ealing is to help them have a better understanding of the changes their bodies have gone through after a stroke and how they can promote self-healing during this time of recovery.
Can Yoga along with Pilates Stabilize the Functional Balance of a Stroke Survivor?
Yoga is an ancient practice of reuniting your mind, body, and soul by performing series of swift pranas that not only targets your body but also your mind. It works on the concept of Vedas that believes that your breathing pattern has a large role to play in bringing in fluidity and line your inner Chakras. Once your chakras are in tandem with each other, your body and mind work together in motion. Yoga help senior stroke survivors improve their balance and become more aware of their state of health.
With the various health treatments now available for treating strokes and recovery in stroke survivors, the risk of dying from one has substantially decreased now than what it is used to be before.